Bocconcini Salad with Ancient Grains
- 250 g ancient grains
- 750 ml vegetable stock
Goat cheese spread:
- 100 g Alexis de Portneuf Capriny Goat Cheese
- 15 ml sherry vinegar
- 15 ml rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 75 ml red wine vinegar
- 225 ml oil
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- 5 ml thyme
- 15 ml shallots
- 30 ml canola oil
- 100 g kale, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 100 g cauliflower, small florets
- 100 g zucchini, large dice
- 200 g Saputo Bocconcini Cheese
- Toasted sunflower seeds, to garnish
- In a mixer, combine Alexis de Portneuf Capriny Goat Cheese, sherry vinegar and rosemary, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable stock to a boil over medium heat. Add ancient grains and salt and cook until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Blend all ingredients for vinaigrette until they are fully incorporated.
- In a medium sauté pan, add kale, one clove of garlic, chili flakes and season with salt. Sauté until caramelized.
- In another medium sauté pan, add canola oil, the second clove of garlic and season with salt. Sauté cauliflower and zucchini until caramelized over medium to high heat. Set aside.
- Lightly drizzle the goat cheese spread in a circular formation onto your serving plate. Toss cooked grains with vinaigrette. Place grains over goat cheese spread. Tear Saputo Bocconcini Cheese into bite-sized pieces and place on top of sautéed vegetables. Garnish with toasted sunflower seeds.
Yield: 6 portions
Preparations: 45 min
Cooking: 20 min